We invite you all to take part in our Hawea district Waitangi Day celebrations .
Details of the programme of events for the day are set out in the PDF documents attached.
We hope that you can take part in at least one of the activities during the day – there are sports to suit all ages and abilities! Then, of course, there is the “Top Town Challenge” and subsequent Gala activities at Peter Fraser Park starting at 4.00 pm.
For your daytime activities it would help us if you could phone the relevant contact person beforehand as this greatly helps us in the arrangements and saves us a lot of time ringing around ourselves!
For the Quiz Night on Friday evening remember that there is a “nibblies” platter for the best dressed team – so get your blue or red outfit organised and join in the fun!
How can you help us to make this day a success?
We need your help for the following tasks:-
1. Pick up the BBQ trailer from Mitre 10 on Friday 5th February by 2.00 pm and bring it to Peter Fraser Park (you will need a car with tow-ball).
2. Pick up Marquee, Bouncy Castle and sound system from Mitre 10 on Friday 5th February and bring to the Community Centre (you will need a car plus a trailer).
3. Help us to erect the Marquee and the Bouncy Castle – and set up the sound system at Peter Fraser Park, from 3.00 pm on Friday 5th February.
4. Mark out and set up the volley ball court on Friday 5th February.
5. Help us to set up the Community Centre for the Quiz Night – 4.00 pm Friday 5th February at the centre.
6. Set up the water slide on Peter Fraser Park – Saturday 6th February.
7. Compile a list of parents to supervise children’s activities on the Water Slide and the Bouncy Castle.
8. Help clean up the Community Centre after the Quiz Night and / or Peter Fraser Park after the Gala activities.
9. Return the items detailed in sections 1 and 2 above to Mitre 10 – on Sunday or Monday.
We really do need your help to make these celebrations a success. Don’t leave all the work to a few already overworked volunteers!!
If you can help us with any of the above tasks, please contact Colleen by:-
• phone:- 443 8669 or
• email:- ColleenCarr.LakeHawea@xtra.co.nz