Click the link below to view the Hawea Community Association Meeting Minutes for December 2015
Minutes HCA Executive Meeting December 2015
Waitangi Day – Hawea “Town v Country Challenge” Community Celebrations 2016
We invite you all to take part in our Hawea district Waitangi Day celebrations .
Details of the programme of events for the day are set out in the PDF documents attached.
We hope that you can take part in at least one of the activities during the day – there are sports to suit all ages and abilities! Then, of course, there is the “Top Town Challenge” and subsequent Gala activities at Peter Fraser Park starting at 4.00 pm.
For your daytime activities it would help us if you could phone the relevant contact person beforehand as this greatly helps us in the arrangements and saves us a lot of time ringing around ourselves!
For the Quiz Night on Friday evening remember that there is a “nibblies” platter for the best dressed team – so get your blue or red outfit organised and join in the fun!
How can you help us to make this day a success?
We need your help for the following tasks:-
1. Pick up the BBQ trailer from Mitre 10 on Friday 5th February by 2.00 pm and bring it to Peter Fraser Park (you will need a car with tow-ball).
2. Pick up Marquee, Bouncy Castle and sound system from Mitre 10 on Friday 5th February and bring to the Community Centre (you will need a car plus a trailer).
3. Help us to erect the Marquee and the Bouncy Castle – and set up the sound system at Peter Fraser Park, from 3.00 pm on Friday 5th February.
4. Mark out and set up the volley ball court on Friday 5th February.
5. Help us to set up the Community Centre for the Quiz Night – 4.00 pm Friday 5th February at the centre.
6. Set up the water slide on Peter Fraser Park – Saturday 6th February.
7. Compile a list of parents to supervise children’s activities on the Water Slide and the Bouncy Castle.
8. Help clean up the Community Centre after the Quiz Night and / or Peter Fraser Park after the Gala activities.
9. Return the items detailed in sections 1 and 2 above to Mitre 10 – on Sunday or Monday.
We really do need your help to make these celebrations a success. Don’t leave all the work to a few already overworked volunteers!!
If you can help us with any of the above tasks, please contact Colleen by:-
• phone:- 443 8669 or
• email:- ColleenCarr.LakeHawea@xtra.co.nz
UPDATE: Boil Water Notice for Lake Hawea town …
Boil Water Notice for Lake Hawea town …
Boil Water Notice has now been removed
We have today (18 January) been advised by QLDC of a “Boil Water” Notice for the Lake Hawea township water supply. Please also pass details of this notice on to your neighbours … … …
From: Michele Poole
Sent: Monday, 18 January 2016 12:02 PM
Subject: QLDC Media Advisory – boil water notice for Hawea
Residents and businesses who take water from the Lake Hawea Water Supply are advised to boil water until further notice, after routine testing detected E.coli in the water supply.
QLDC Chief Engineer Ulrich Glasner said that the supply was being dosed with chlorine today and both the chlorination and the boil water notice would remain in place until further notice.
“Testing will continue until we are satisfied we can lift the notice.”
In the meantime, investigations are underway to identify the source of the e.Coli.
Contact Ulrich Glasner for further information 03 4410499.
Draft Minutes from HCA AGM 3rd October 2015
Paul Cunningham, President of the Hawea Community Association Inc has asked to circulate the DRAFT minutes of the 2015 HCA AGM and the supporting reports.
The draft minutes have been reviewed by the HCA executive committee and will be tabled for adoption at the 2016 AGM.
Hawea History “A Pretty Good Place to Live”
“A Pretty Good Place to Live” … … …
This illustrated history of the Hawea area and its people – from the earliest geological times to the present day – is being published by one of our local historians, Barbara Chinn of Lake Hawea.
The book is primarily being published in electronic format which you can download by clicking here … A Pretty Good Place to Live – Hawea History
However, the book is now in its third hard copy print run – and there are still some copies available. If you would like a copy, contact Barbara by phone on 443 4333 or by email at email@example.com
All profits go to the HCA.