on Wednesday 5th & Thursday 6th February
Most activities will be centred around Peter Fraser Park, Lake Hawea
- “Town” – All those who live in the Lake Hawea township – (ie within Muir Road, Cemetery Road, Domain Road and the lake, including the holiday park)
- “Country” – Everyone else !! – ie those living in the country catchment area of the Hawea Flat School (ie includes John Creek, Hawea Flat, Maungawera Valley & Dublin Bay).
“Town” participants to wear “Blue”
“Country” participants to wear “Red”
Wednesday 5th February:- “Town” v “Country” Quiz Night –
7.30 pm at the Lake Hawea Community Centre.
- $20 per team of 4 persons. Bring a prize for the Raffle.
- Proceeds will go to Hawea Flat School, for classroom resources
- Wear your “Team Colours” – prize for the best dressed team. If you don’t have a team – just come along & we’ll put you in one!
Thursday 6th February:- Sports events, Top Town Challenge, Kids events, Community BBQ
Kidz Corner – We will hold this from 3 – 4.00 pm for kids 8 years and under. We will run races, games, etc – and the junior Lolly Scramble. There will be at least four adults on duty so that parents will be free to be involved in the sporting activities – as well as providing a “safer” junior lolly scramble away from the main activities.
“Top-Town Challenge” at 4.00 pm – everyone to meet at Peter Fraser Park, Lake Hawea for this – which will include the spud gun battle, the egg-cup relay, tug-o’-war, water slide, and spud-gun lolly scramble. (Come prepared to get wet).
Community BBQ to follow – BYO everything or support our Sausage Sizzle.
Hope you can all make it – it should be a fun day.
In case of inclement weather – listen to Radio Wanaka for info.